virtual piano

dave m

I have Cakewalk Home Studio 7 and would like to use Virtual Piano. When I try to open it I get a message that says that I need to install "midi=vpiano" in my system.ini file.
I install the driver then reboot my computer but I still get the message.
Any suggestions?

dave

Did the driver installation actually add the reference to the driver in your .ini file? I
had a similar problem with the driver for the Music Quest 2Port/SE. All the driver installation did was to copy the driver to my windows/system directory.

Actually all I did is open the system.ini file and wrote it in the section for drivers.
"midi=vpiano.drv" I thought that's how you install a driver.
Am I missing something?

thanx,
dave

So I had it backwards. You do have the reference, but now you need the file mentioned in that reference to be placed in your windows/system directory. Open up your Windows Explorer and check in the windows/system directory for the file "vpiano.drv" Or use the Find file function
with that filename.
Any other location won't do unless (I think) the full path is given in the .ini statement. Both of the references to midi drivers in my sys.ini file have a number attached to them as in:
midi1=mq2prtse.drv
midi2=vpiano.drv
I can't say for sure because the bottom line (for me) is that virtual piano sucks! It's much easier to use a mouse in the piano roll view. Better yet, get a MIDI keyboard.

[This message has been edited by drstawl (edited 07-21-1999).]

Back