Transferring Wave Files To Cd

elbenj

I AM CURRENTLY USING DIRECT CD BY ADAPTEC TO TRANSFER FILES TO CD. I BELIEVE I READ IT POSTED
SOMEWHERE IN THE FORUM THAT THERE WAS ANOTHER
WAY TO DO IT. I'M ASSUMING WITHIN WINDOWS
WITHOUT THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. AGAIN IM TALKING
WAVE FILES AND NOT AUDIO. THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS.

Hey man, hows it going. Turn off the caps lock first of all, it's like cyber-yelling.

Next, if you have a program like Acid or Wavelab you can burn directly from these apps, but this would give you .cda files. But most standard windows software is not capable of writing to CD yet. Lot's of third party stuff that will tho. Search for them. But CD Creator will do the job for you just fine.

Last edited:
If I understand correctly, you want the .wav data files on the CD and NOT a playable (audio) CD. If so, DirectCD is what I use also. You could also do it, as Sultan suggests, with the EZ CD Creator, Create Data CD program that comes with the Adaptec software, but I'm not sure it makes that much of a difference from DirectCD.

(Sultan, Wavelab will only burn audio CD's. Not data CD's.)

DOH

I knew that. What was I thinking on that suggestion...fixed it though..thanks fer the heads up...hehehehe

thanks guys...caps lock off DS...lol I didnt realize
we were in the chat format.

My concern guys is that anyone not having Direct CD
would be able to use the wave files...what Im doing
is sending the wave file to a mastering house..
and will be sending it as a 48khz 24 bit wave file.

I know its gonna be a huge file also. Those guys
like as much resolution as they can get.

And DS nice review on the Sonar. I called Cakewalk
and its seems I wont be getting mine until at least
Monday.. how is it going so far? are there changes
on the Midi side of things? i understand the
resolution has been increased at the very least.

The track view and the whole layout has
a Pro tools look now..which is probably
good ..thanks again guys

Then don't use Direct CD as that would require a CDRW anyway. Just use a CDR and do it as a data CD. Joiliet format so long filenames are in use. Then you go. Let us know how the mastering house goes man.

Or, is it that you don't want these files to fall into the unscrupulous hands of the evil professor Dr. Sonica. The plot thickens.......

aaaawww Yes! Thanks thats it..forgot about the
Cdrw part.

Another question for yah..where can I find more
Cakewalk users.. have been wanting to find
places like this for a while..

You can also try news.cakewalk.com (this is a newsgroup, not a web site).

Some of the Cakewalk tech support guys monitor this group. There are subgroups for Pro Audio, Sonar, DirectX, etc.

Hey dachay2tnr, I have heard that the cakewalk news group has problems. Are you experieincing any with your connection? Just wondering as I actually prefer the forums but as soon as I Sonar my system (beep, beep, ping, ping, sorry submarine joke) I am gonna want to get as much info as possible.

Your thoughts please.

thanks for the info guys...i am quite ashame to say
this but i dont know how to use the newsgroups

can anyone give me a step by procedure..

I am using AOL by the ..i have the internet explorer
as part of Windows 98 SE..thanks

If you have IE you probably also have Outlook Express... launch it and under Tools/Accounts, go to the News tab. Clock Add on the right and select News again (good old Microsoft user interface design). Follow the questions in the wizard that pops up. When you get to Intenet News Server Name, put in the name of a news server. For Cakewalk use news.cakewalk.com.

At some point it will show you a list of the newsgroups on that server; pick Pro Audio, SONAR, whatever you want, to subscribe to.

That should get you there unless AOL has some weird interaction with Outlook Express...

O K i think i can handle that...will it be o k to
just to get online with AOL then switch to Internet
Explorer afterwards and do what you suggested?

I believe AOL has a way of handling the
way you join newsgroups..ive always given
up though..Thanks again!

DS Sultan -

I haven't experienced any problems with the Cakewalk Newsgroup. I also prefer forums rather than Newsgroups, but the Product.Sonar group has a lot of activity and information regarding Sonar. Right now that's of major interest to me as I just upgraded from PA9.

They have been helpful on several problems that I had. Some, however, were caused by my own ignorance (I guess that happens). I really like the new Sonar product; however it is a new learning curve. Also, most people have had to tweak their systems to get it running stable. However, once you get it working right it's got a lot of power.

Well, I just finally got my copy (had it shipped to South Dakota whilst I moved there) and I am now ready to play with it! I will see what I get and let you know if I need help or can lend a hand to others.

DS_Sultan,

Welcome to South Dakota! I just got my SONAR too out here in San Mateo... I had ordered it in early Feruary from the Cakewalk webstore and they lost my order! But all is well now, it's here, it installed like a top, and I've had a couple of hours to go over the tutorials and start to get a sense of what it's like. I'm impressed so far. The new Track view is a huge improvement. The DXi synth capability is cool, though the way you use it is a bit odd. The groove looping is great (gee, maybe I shouldn't bother upgrading to ACID 3.0...). I have had no problems with any of my hardware, it all seems to be working fine. Have yet to try to max it out and see how many audio tracks I get, and haven't tried the new plug-ins, or the ReValver guitar amp simulator, or Tassman... I also haven't had the balls to install the beta WDM drivers for the Delta 66 or the SB Live...

Take care...

-AlChuck

Thanks AlChuck,

I haven't even had a chance to install my copy yet! It's staring at me over there. lol. I read all the paperwork and am just trying to get my bearings.... Now your an hour behind me...hmmm. Takes some getting used too.LOL.

You gonna make the chat this Saturday night?

Take care.

Back