tracks bleeding all over the place.

flash2ace

this is weird i layed down a drum track, then i layed down the rythm track and both tracks were audio and im using sonar 2.0 xl with a sb sound card which i know sucks.so what i did was record a lead guitar track which made 3 tracks all audio, i didnt mess with the panning at all but what is weird is i cant hear the lead track over top of the other tracks but what happened is i could hear the guitar effects from the lead guitar over the other tracks. im using a zoom gfx8 for guitar and im running it through my mackie cfx 12 into the line in on my pc. im running windows 98 and ive never had this happen before, i deleted the lead guitar track and the other two tracks were fine then but when i undeleted the lead track i gott that weird nasaly effect on the drums and rythm tracks again. i tryed muting the lead track but as long as it was still present the lead track bled its effects onto the other two tracks.anyone have any ideas because im stumped. i thank you ahead of time, and in case you were gonna suggest trying to lay the lead track down again i tryed it and the same thing happened. thanks god bless tim pate.

flash2ace,

It sounds like you have your SB input set to 'What U Hear'

To check this:

Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel (or Start -> Control Panel)

Double click on Sound and Multimedia

Click on the audio tab, then click on the Volume control in the Sound Recording section. Make sure don't have 'What U Hear' checked.

It's best to have Line In or Mic in... depending on the source.

Porter

Back