Is there a way to easily insert when tempo changes are involved?

VTmosaic

Let's say I have this song, and it has several tempo changes in it. Let's say we're using a click track to keep everyone on the same page while overdubbing.

Now, I want to make room in the middle of the recording, and I want to push the tempo changes that fall after the insertion point over as many measures as I am inserting.

Is there an easy way to to do this in Cakewalk HSXL 2004? Or do I have to just bite the bullet and change all the tempo changes from that point on?

It seems to me that SOMETIMES I can do it, but other times, exactly what seemed to allow me to before, doesn't allow it this time. I haven't yet figured out what I'm doing differently.

Anyone have any tips or hints? Thanks in advance.

To do so, you need to be in Tempo View (Alt+9). Highlight the start point and end point using Select tools (arrow), click edit --> cut. Go to new destination measure, and click Edit --> paste. There you go... :)

;)
Jaymz

James Argo said:
To do so, you need to be in Tempo View (Alt+9). Highlight the start point and end point using Select tools (arrow), click edit --> cut. Go to new destination measure, and click Edit --> paste. There you go... :)

;)
Jaymz

Thank you very much! I will be going down to the studio in a couple of hours and will try this technique. Cool

Back