Templates

Stefdawg

Hello everyone i'm new to Sonar/Cakewalk and i was wondering can you make templates and save them if so how do you do it

Don't know if this is what you mean but I've made a "template" in Cakewalk that I open when transfering tracks recorded on my HD24 to the computer. The "template has all tracks named and assigned as I generally work all projects the same way (track 1 is always a kick drum, track 2 is always snare etc). The inputs and outputs are almost always the same. When I made the template, I just made a new project, made all the ins and outs, named the tracks and saved it as "HD24 Template". Now when I'm making a new project I open the HD24 Template, record my tracks over and "Save As" the name of the new project's name. Hope this helps.

Don't know if this is what you mean but I've made a "template" in Cakewalk that I open when transfering tracks recorded on my HD24 to the computer. ...
Hey I got me one them there too. :)

Yeah after a while you can gather a few different templates to work from. Whatever my 'basic tracking template was gets 'saved as to a new one every once in a while.
As you do projects and your methods tend to get refined with features you want to keep, save as' again to a new template (..actually I'd save as your project as a backup for your project safety of before doing this!), strip clean the tracks left over from the 'project-become-template, save again of course.
Setting up for a new multi song band session is another application. I'll set one up (sometime one or another fits better as a 'seed template), pre configure it for the session and then save a bunch of projects as 'So and So-#1-date-' etc. Now you have a set of cwp's that show up nice and clean in a group in the 'open a project screen.. Slick!

You'll want to watch too that you assign to a new 'global audio folder before opening up for a new template-to-new project transition. If you get fouled up there (which seems to have gotten better in later versions BTW) to go to 'File, 'Project Audio where you can at least see where 'cake is at with it.

Back