Templates

gamut1

Hi all, I have Sonar, and no matter what I do, whenever I start the program I always get a blank template on my screen. I read in the book that if you disable the Auto Project finder... or whatever that lil screen is that pops up on opening, that it will automatically open sonar with the template named.. " Normal.TMP, and you can change this template to suit your needs... then resave it as "Normal.TMP" and then when you re-open sonar... it should be that template. I have tried saving it several times... to no avail. Has anyone else had this trouble??? thanks all.

I think I dealt with this a long time ago. I believe it has to do with where you put the "normal" template. If First try saving it to your main Cakewalk directory, if it doesn't work try saving it to the folder where you store your templates (which is set in the options page). Finally, don't forget that you don't save a template as a wrk file, you have to save it as tpl. Sorry if this is too basic, let us know if this works or not.

Thanks for the reply Rjt,,, I know it doesn't work saving it to
the tmp. folder.... I will try saving it to the Cakewalk directory.
Will post back and let ya know... thanks again. :D

Problem solved.... :) Saving the template in the Cakewalk directory did the trick. Thanks for the help.

Back