Technics PR700

stevebusch

Hi,
Does anyone here use Cakewalk 8 with a Technics PR700 digital piano? I'm looking for an intrument definition file (.ins) and am not up to speed enough to create one from scratch. Also, not having read the entire manual yet, is there a way to turn off the default piano voice when I record a drum track, bass track etc. I can hear the drums but the piano voice also plays, (and I don't mean the piano track, I mean the drum notes being voiced with drums and piano at the same time)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or directions to a thread that already discussed this.
Thank you.
Steve

Just thought I'd add to this note to say I figured out how to turn off local notes. Now only Cakewalk sends an 'echo' back to the keyboard and I get just the drums.

However, I'm still having one heck of a time trying to figure out what voices General Midi supports and how to augment these with other sounds in my piano. I'm sure I'll figure it out with a little more reading and messing around, but thought I'd see if anyone uses the Technics PR700 for Midi.

Thanks

Back