Syncing Wandering Worktape To Midi/time Grid For Drums

englandjazz

Hey Sonar gurus. I know you have the answer for this.

I have a Russian Dragon (vocal and buried guitar) work tape I'm gonna be producing a tune around. I need to get it to lock pretty tight with my midi/time grid on my session page so I can sync drums to it. I'm using Sonar Producer 3.

I have turned it into a Groove Loop set at close original tempo which is around 123.30. this appears to help, but there are spots the "freewheel" performance is just off. I'm pretty sure I will have to manually tighten some of it.

Anyone know of an effective and TIME EFFICIENT procedure for getting these kind of tracks to line up to a midi/time grid?

Thanks so much in advance.

Carl

You could upgrade to sonar 6 and and then you'd have audio snap and could likely quantinize it to what ever time you wanted within reason. As long as the tape contained a rythemic track or click track. If the guitar is has one or two spots each meassure that fall on a quarter or 16th note it would be pretty easy using audio stretch. if not that you coulod creat a tempo map of the tape and synch other tracks to it.

I have no idea what a Russian dragon is soooooo.

F.S.

You need to draw a tempo map.

View->Tempo.

Use the Draw Line Tool to create a timing envelope. Turn on the metronome during playback to see how each map modification you make alters the sync. Work from beginning to end, because if you go back and change something at the beginning, it throw off everything after that.

Back