Thread: Strange panning problem with JV 1080

Thanks

Question

Sign in to disable this ad
    I have a strange problem. As I am deaf in one ear, I do all of my scratch mixes in Cakewalk panned dead center. Occasionally, when I use headphones, and a patch or something has panning in it, I lose notes and edit the patch to pan dead center. Well, an unusual event occurred...

I had a patch on the Roland JV 1080 which alternated notes... one panned left and othe hard right. I sent in and "fixed" the patch so when I plan the JV 1080 in patch mode it is panned dead center. When I play the JV 1080 in patch mode through Cakewalk, it is panned dead center. When I play the performance without cakewalk, it is fine. For some reason, when I play the JV 1080 in the performance mode, using the correct Cakewalk channel, alternating notes are panned hard right and hard left.... ahhhhh.

When I examine the track there is nothing on it (no control change messages, panning messages etc.). In track properties, it is panned to 64....

I would really like to figure this out... anybody with ideas? Thanks in advance for any help... or sympathy!!

Thanks

Wink

It must be pretty hard to produce music, I have lost of respect for you.
    I'm not totaly sure but dosn't the JV 1080 have a mono out that dobles as the left out; ues only this out put. Then it will be automaticly mono. (It can detect that only one plug is in the outputs)

Hope i could help
    omnipotent

Thanks

Wink

Thanks for the reply...I lost respect for almost everything years ago. The problem is that I listen on headphones at the moment (had a good chance to sell my old mixer and did so-am waiting to get a new one). The weird thing is that if I just play the synth from the keyboard...no panning problem, if I play the synth from Cakewalk, but the synth is in program mode (not performance mode), no problem. But playing it from Cakewalk in performance mode, weird panning. I cannot figure it out!!

I have midiquest, and have pulled up the performance and the patch and the panning is set on everything to dead center. AArrrgggghhh. Technology, gotta love it!!

Thread Information