static-intermittent PA-9 recording.HELP

mjahern

I am finding that I get intermittent crackiling/static while recording using PA-9. I am operating Win 98 on a Sony Vaio Desktop used exclusively for pro-audio. Sound card is a Delta 44 with a new Mackey Mixer. 8 out of ten times I am getting static and a ruined take. Please email me your thoughts. I appreciate it. avsci@ix.netcom.com

Michael

M-audio has had static problems with 98 and their newer drivers,I would suggest installing the oldest driver they have on their site and installing it.
This may seem stupid but it worked for myself and a few others on this forum.

GOOD LUCK!

Some other thoughts as well:
Try disabling USB in the control panel (and in the BIOS if you can). Also, try lowering your graphics acceleration setting (particularly if you have a PCI graphics card).

sun morning update -crackling still there

crackling sound when recording. Happens 9 out of 10 times. I have done the following; (1) checked mics, cables, mackey mixer (2)moved sound card to bottom pci slot (2) reduced monitor accelleration 75% (3) removed all but neccessary files in start-up (4) played with latency/buffer size (5) updated to most recent driver 41, actually came with card. I was able to download older driver but my operating system will not allow me to select the downloaded older driver brought in on either disk or cd. Interesting..failing to recognize the files..?
suggestions?

Thank you
MJA

updated effort

crackling sound halts after adjusting buffer size and playback for two takes then begins again.. I have reduced monitor accelleration 100% ..I also disbled usb and went back to a wheel mouse. I have ran Norts Disk Doctor.. more ideas? I think it is related to a possible OS issue..still working on installing older driver...
Thank you
MJA

Problem Solved - Delta Still Rules

Hats off to the gentleman who suggested moving back to an earlier driver..being that I am running good ol'98. I had an earlier version of the driver and installed it...boom..problem seems resolved..once again the simplest of fixes...the more modern driver could have been corrupted by all my OS and installed program clean up as i have attempted to maximize harddrive space.

Thank you gentleman (ladies?) for your help

MJA please visit my site sometime www.majhern.com

Back