• Izotope Ozone

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • They're both great

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • They both suck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

f. lai

I'd like to know which you prefer and what the advantages are over each other. Also does Ozone do wave editing (I'm sure it does?). I don't want Wavelab b/c I don't want to have to deal with dongles.

They are two different things, and really not comparable.

If you want to do a comparison, compare Sound Forge versus Wavelab. Or compare Ozone vs. Waves Gold Bundle.

But asking which is better between Sound Forge and Ozone is like asking which is better, a piano or a guitar.

Both have demo's I believe, why not download the demo's and check them out yourself.

Ozone does not do wave editing (which is one of many reasons why you can't compare it to Sound Forge).

Or try comparing Ozone to the Sonic Timeworks plug-ins that come with Sonar 2XL.
To get the Timeworks plugs, it's an extra $120 over just upgrading to Sonar2 standard.
To get Ozone it's $200.

I opted for Ozone and Sonar2 standard, and the extra $80 I spent was well worth it. Ozone is a phenominal mastering tool. I'd make the same choice again in a heartbeat.

Aaron
http://www.voodoovibe.com

And by the way......

I, too, refuse to support any company that uses:

a) dongles
b) PACE protection
c) any other copy protection scheme that penalizes and/ or inconveniences legitimate, registered users.

...such as Waves and AutoTune.

Aaron

Thanks for the replies. So Aaron- do you use Sound Forge also? Is it a good idea to use both then? How much is overlap?

As Dachay2tnr pointed out, you can't even compare them. Sound Forge is a wav editor, Ozone is a mastering tool.

It's like asking what is better: a hammer or a pair of scissors?

For the record I will say that with the exception of CD Architect, I don't like Sonic Foundry products. They seem to be bent on leaving their audio customer's either stranded (CD Architect) or left in the back of the bus (Vegas Audio).

For those reasons the only product of theirs I continue to use is CDA, thanks to the great 3rd Party patch that's floating around on the web. Otherwise I wouldn't even be using CDA, no thanks to Sonic Foundry.

Aaron

With the exception of CD architect, I think SonarPE is gettimg just about all you need, and you add extras as preferred.

They are two different things, and really not comparable.

If you want to do a comparison, compare Sound Forge versus Wavelab. Or compare Ozone vs. Waves Gold Bundle.

But asking which is better between Sound Forge and Ozone is like asking which is better, a piano or a guitar.

Both have demo's I believe, why not download the demo's and check them out yourself.

Ozone does not do wave editing (which is one of many reasons why you can't compare it to Sound Forge).

I use both. I do alot of editing work in Sound Forge and then run Ozone as a plugin.

Back