Sound card issue

Thurgood

Hey folks, I hope this is the right place to post this puzzling question. I recently discovered that my system (PC) 2.0 mgz,512 ram pentium machine, with Delta 44, has developed a "stutter" that appears when using GT Pro or any other sound reproduction software. It is not your typical repetitive stutter/buzz sounding like a buffer issue or ram issue. Maybe best decribed as big stutter. I have downoaded new drivers, adjusted buffers in Gt Pro, etc. It stutters in Media Player as wll. In short it does it with any audio source even a CD. I have disable the onboard soundblaster in Device Manager and reviewed the IRQ list for conflicts. The irq lsit has multiple devices on the same IRQ (11) they are the USB controller and the Modem. Now bear in mind I recently installed the modem but the problem was there before. (yeah I know I should have cleared this up first but I needed the modem as a priority). Sounds like the card is competing for some resources but I do not know what. And the real kick in the ass, I can't find my install disc for the card to try a re-install. It got buried in my recent move. I also have reduced my video usage from 248 to 96 if is somethihng you may sugesst. I have run this system with no problems for at least two years and now it is messing up. Thanks in advance.

It sounds like you need to adjust the settings within the software.. Open your software and make sure "Share Drivers with other Programs" is click to off so that your delta will only be used when GT is opened.

over in the Sonar forums, there's several discussions about "motorboating" and it being a known bug that supposedly had the 7.01 patch address (for Sonar prod. edition). A couple still have said it occurs, but for the most part, it had seemed to be solved. Sonar 7 is up to 7.02 and of course Sonar 8 is out now also.

you might do a search over there, and these forums in general have been VERY helpful for my questions as well.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tt.asp?forumid=5

Back