SONAR Studio, Home Studio, or Home Studio XL?

Captain Awesome

Hi. I am using Cakewalk Music Creator 2003 and the time has long passed for me to upgrade to more advanced software. As a student and registered Cakewalk customer the price difference isn't too huge, so which one would y'all think I should go with? I just like to mess around making rock and electronic music with my friends, mainly.

Basically I'd like to know the differences between SONAR Studio 4 and Home Studio 4, as their site does not provide a comparison table as it does for Studio and Producer. I know that Home Studio supports Rewire and control surfaces now.

Sonar Home Studio is the replacement for Home Studio 2/2004/2002.

Cakewalk clearly points out the differences. Max of 64 audio tracks and 24 realtime EFX in SHS 4.

brzilian said:
Sonar Home Studio is the replacement for Home Studio 2/2004/2002.

Cakewalk clearly points out the differences. Max of 64 audio tracks and 24 realtime EFX in SHS 4.

I read on the cakewalk forum that there is no FX limitation in the new Sonar Home Studio.

if you only wanted to track like 16 tracks max. and not use any of the midi; would HS do you just as well as PE?

FALKEN said:
if you only wanted to track like 16 tracks max. and not use any of the midi; would HS do you just as well as PE?

By PE, I assume you mean Sonar Producer Edition.

Depends on what you plan to do once your material is recorded. SHS doesn't have extensive bus routing and per track EQ functionality nor does it ship with the higher end FX plug-ins PE has.

Back