Sonar project sample rate

mbuster

I've got a previously recorded project I did in 24/96. Is there an easy way to change the sample rate of all the audio files in the project to 48khz instead? I'm doing all my stuff in 48 now because my feeble ears can't hear the difference and it's way easier on my cpu. also, is there a way to get rid of all the files associated with a project I'm not using. I mean like all the takes I didn't keep and stuff like athat, and only save what's on the track view? I can look it up when I get home, I was just hoping someone would have the quick easy answer because I hate reading manuals. I'd rather just work you know? Thanks boys.

1) I don't think you can do this to allready recorded material in Sonar. Anybody else know?

2) Use the Clean-Audio Drive option under the tools menu. It searches through your wave-folders and find the waves acosiated to your project. If any waves are not acosiated, you can delete them. So if you have a project you don't use any more, delete it and Clean the Audio Drive. :)

Or, for a feeling of more control, use Cakewalk Audio Finder and delete any Orphaned files you find. :)

How did I know Moskus would answer within 5 minutes? Never fails;)
As for the first part, what If I did a batch conversion of all the files in the project with wavelab or something? WOuld Sonar still find the files? I'm scared.

You were lucky I was around... :D :D

Yes, but I would load them in Wavelab using the Tools-menu, so Sonar would update them after the save. (I don't know if it makes a difference, it just seems like a good idea...)

moskus said:
You were lucky I was around... :D :D

Yes, but I would load them in Wavelab using the Tools-menu, so Sonar would update them after the save. (I don't know if it makes a difference, it just seems like a good idea...)
But then he couldn't do it on a batch basis, could he?

I'm pretty sure if he converts them but keeps them under the same names, he shouldn't have any problems. However, to be safe, copy all the files to another directory first. Then do the batch conversion on the original files. If you run into problems, you should be able to restore the copies back to the original directory.

However, I don't anticipate you'd have problems. Sonar should just look for the file name.

I faced this problem once. Tool menu didn't work and neither did batch-converting. So, I had to export/import all audio clips one by one... that was a nightmare.

Back