sonar INSTRUMENTS!?

djbleach

Ok, i've found a ton of instruments on sonar that i can use thru my keyboard(midi) - but, i'm having trouble find many drum kits on there. i've figured out how to get to different patches thru different instruments, but i can't get them to play.
i even defined my instrument(yamaha psr 520) and it sees all of it's patches(well, most of em) but i can't get to any of them. i click on them to patch to them, and it still uses the basic instruments that general midi gives me. this is startin to drive me nuts!
if anyone's got any advice for me, it would be much appreciated - but if i can't figure this out, should i just buy a drum machine or somethin?

please...........HELP!@

i'm using a yamaha psr 520

james argo, is channel ten the only drums in sonar(cuz i have been using them, but they suck - there's only one kick and it has no bass)

Sonar itself doesen't come with any "sounds". You've got them elsewhere...

Are you using the Microsoft GM Softsynth?

If you use the PSR as MIDI input device only (which means you don't use it as sound generator), then you need to connect MIDI out of PSR to MIDI in of your PC, and you may set it to any channel you want. This way, you need to use softsynth (or DXi) to generate the sound out of SONAR. Refer to Cakewalk manual for this.

If you use PSR also as MIDI tone generator (connect MIDI out of your PC to MIDI in of your PSR set to propher mode), then most likely you must use channel 10, unless PSR enable you to use channel other than 10 as drums/percussion channel (for example, my korg X5D and N364 allowed me to do so using special bank select command from Sonar). Refer to PSR manual about this issue.

Please tell us your complete setup and goal you're after :)

;)
Jaymz

Back