Sonar Audio Driver Error

Antz_Marchin

Whenever I start Sonar 2.0XL, it comes up with an audio driver warning that says: "The following driver(s) either do not support the current audio format, or are in use by another application" (there are no other applications running though, when this happens) "PLease choose whether you want to disable them or use them anyways"........the list includes 1) Game Compatible Device and 2) Voice Modem Wave #00 Line. Should I dibalse, use anyways or just close the window??? This doesn't seem to pose a problem so far with very basic recordings and just learning how to use the program. Thanks for the help .....BJ

The only time I get this error message is if I start HS2002 after using another audio app, such as MusicMatch Juke Box.

I just disable the driver and carry on as usual.

--
BluesMeister

It helps to know what soundcard you have... ;)

Sonar doesen't support very bad soundcards, though. :rolleyes:

Antz - you should disable them. When Sonar first profiles your computer it locates any "sound" devices that you have installed. This includes modems, and other things that would not be associated with audio recording.

The devices you cited are not needed for working with Sonar. Sonar only needs your sound card(s). If you choose to disable them, you should no longer get the error message.

What Dachay said!
Disable any drivers that you are not actually use for music... :)

Back