Sonar 8 problem, lagging audio

brunoafh

When I playback or record, all the tracks often starts to lag. It happens a lot when I first start Sonar up too. This is very annoying, because I have to stop recording in the middle of a take all the time. Also, it says "DROPOUT" with red behind it in the bottom notification bar when I hit record too. This never seems to affect anything, and I just have to hit record again. This seems like it may go hand in hand with whatever my problem is.

Can anyone help me out with this? Are more details necessary?

Yes, we will need to know more to help you...

What are the specs on your computer (processor, memory, Operating System)

What else do you do with your computer?

What recording interface are you using?

How many tracks? How many effects?

Has Sonar always done this or just started recently?

Have you applied all the Sonar 8 patches?

Answering these will help us a bit more on what may be causing your problems

:)

Drop outs are caused in most cases because your CPU cannot handle the task at hand. Your sound card drivers, ASIO and WDM setting scan relieve this issue by raising your ASIO buffer or raising your wdm latency slider to the right.
The higher your ASIA buffer or WDM latency, the lower your CPU will work and visa versa.
sound card drivers play a role in sonar's performance also. Using an onboard sound chip will not cut it in some cases and its not recommended for use with sonar. So if you use one, get an audio interface/sound card with good drivers

If you have an audio sound card, make sure the drivers are up to date, meaning there the latest drivers. go to the sound cards web site to see if your using the latest drivers for your sound card and windows.
If you are, just try raising your ASIO buffer or WDM latency.
Cj

I need to get a PCIe card for a collaborator in California (I'm in New York). He only has PCIe slots in his newer oem computer... so I can't just grab a used xtreme music like I'm using (plain old pci), which works well with asio4all. Any recommendations on a solid but cheaper pcie sound card that works well with asio4all? Only need to playback a handful of tracks in Sonar, and record a single track at a time (single vocal mic input from a mixer). The computer is up to the task, but his crappy realtek onboard sound is having fits.

Hi there, can I ask for a help? Im using sonar 8 producer edition, everytime i'll record a vocals, there's a clicking sound that is also entering the track where I'm recording.thanks for any help.

Hi there, can I ask for a help? Im using sonar 8 producer edition, everytime i'll record a vocals, there's a clicking sound that is also entering the track where I'm recording.thanks for any help.
You should start a new thread with this question.

Back