SONAR 4 Producer Edition vs Studio Edition

e_rock

I currently am using Guitar Tracks Pro and Cakewalk offers a discount if I want to move to Sonar. Studio goes for $149 and Producer goes for $249.

Whadya think, Is it worth the extra $100?

Oh yeah. Or should I just consider upgrading to Guitar Tracks Pro 3 for $39?

Last edited:
i was wondering the same thing, but i just went ahead with the studio... if i want i can upgrade in the future to the producer version for the same amount of money.

Before you buy software ,you should ask yourself whether or not your computer can handle it.Look at the recommended specs,not the minimum.

If you don't have "good" plugins the producer edition might cover all your bases.
I have the studio version and bought my plugins/sampler separate.

Have you thought about Homestudio?

After looking at the chart with the difference between Producer and Studio, I suppose the primary things I'd see myself using would be the EQ per channel and the effects, Sonitus fx Suite and the Lexicon. Are these quality plugins or could I spend my $100 elsewhere on better plugins?

I hadn't really thought of Home Studio. I've been messing around with GTP for 2 yrs or so and thought of getting more serious with SONAR. I just replaced my old desktop with a new one. I believe it should be powerful enough, at least I hope so.

Pentium 4 Processor 540 with HT Technology (3.20GHz, 800 FSB)
Memory 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 400MHz

It is leaps and bounds over what I am currently using, so I know it will work with GTP. I will be getting the Delta 66 as my soundcard.

Are these quality plugins or could I spend my $100 elsewhere on better plugins?
I don't think you can get as much for the money.You can get better plugs,but that is very subjective.

Your computer should be able to handle a hell of a lot.

The Sonitus Delay and Reverb are worth $99 bucks by themselves. Plus you get a bundle of more plungins from this fine company and more options in SONAR. Producer is the only way to fly for anyone seriously into music production, no question about it!

Back