Sonar 3 Freezes Up

Spillenger

Sonar 3 crashes constantly on me. Just freezes up and dies.

Here is my system:

Dell Pentium 4 (Dimension 4600) running at 3.06 Ghz, with hyperthreading technology
1 gig RAM
120-gig HD
Windows XP Home 5.1

Sound Cards:
Soundblaster Audigy 2 for Midi
Aardvark LX6 for audio

I have downloaded the most recent Aardvark drivers. I have disabled virtually every little computer program and function that uses any memory (I really don't think it's a memory issue). I've upgraded to Sonar 3.1.1. Still, the program hangs up and then crashes, often after using it for 5 minutes. I have to reboot my computer to make it work again.

Is this a function of the infamous Aardvark drivers? Is it a function of my not putting all my audio media on a separate hard drive?

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul S.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Aardvark A-WDM driver is special. I believe you should not attempt to use Sonars default WDM/KS, but should either use ASIO or force it to use MME if in WDM mode. All these settings in Options/Audio.

You should also deselect the Creative cards audio drivers from Sonars drivers list and after that, ensure the Aardvark drivers are the playback and record timing masters. It's always worth re-running the Wave Profiler after changes in Options/Audio, or to the soundcards own control utility.

I don't have direct experience of the Aardvark, apart from having heard nothing but praise for its drivers! If you see any duplicate Aardvark driver names in Sonar, but with the word "multi" in them, deselect those too. With my M-audio Delta card, the "multi" drivers that Sonar sees are highly unstable if selected. Sonar gets terminated and the midi activity icon remains in the taskbar.

Last edited:
Back