Sonar 3 Crashes

Fatalist

Hello all, first time here.

I got this really big problem with Sonar 3 & 2. 2 weeks ago everything ran fine, but all of a sudden it started crashing at the splash screen. I ahevn't installed any new drivers nor any DXi's/VST's. I have no clue what the problem is, I uninstalled everything and then installed it clean, and this is my last try before formatting. Problem is I got alot of stuff on my HDD I dn't want to loose.

I've also reinstalled the drivers.

I double click Sonar 3.0 -> Splash screen comes up -> Crash
I double click Sonar 2.1 -> Splash screen comes up -> Crash

I'm using Sonar 3 Producer Edition on a

P4 2.4c
P4P800
2x 256mb DDR400 (Pc3200)
Soundblaster Live! Platinum with kX drivers (10ms appprox)
And a Geforce Ti4200 128mb

If you got any suggestions please help me out,

Thanks per advance

// Fatalist

I don't know, but I would guess the kx-project drivers. Try to use the Microsoft drivers (use the Roll Back Driver function).

Nope, that had no effect.

I reverted to Creative WDM drivers but it still crashes. Also this gives me alot higher latency in my softsynths.

To add in, I have removed all synth's.

Greatly appreciate your help moskus, have you got any other idea of what could be wrong?

Last edited:
Is it just Sonar crashing, or all of your computer going down? Just to make sure, because I myself got virus while registering vSampler some weeks ago. At first I thought it was Sonar/vSampler, but when another computer on the same network got the same problem later the same day, I knew virus was at work.

It's just sonar. Windows gives me the option to send an error report or not. Then it closes the program before it has even been started.

I've scanned my computer several times for viruses.

sounds like you need to

a: buy a 2nd hard drive to back up your stuff
b. buy a lot of cdr's to back up your stuff.

have fun formatting!

Teacher said:
sounds like you need to

a: buy a 2nd hard drive to back up your stuff
b. buy a lot of cdr's to back up your stuff.

have fun formatting!

Yep, horrible, isn't it?

I already backed it up I'm just looking for my licenses for windows.

Whatcha think, 2000 Pro or XP Pro?

my sonar 2.2 xl crashed as well. my computer wouldn't even recognize my dvd rom drive after that and I had to wipe my hard drive and start over.

Back