session drummer stretch time?

wfaraoni

ear art's not a science
When using the session drummer what is the best way to adjust the tempo in sonar 2? The only thing I have found for a midi tracks tempo is," fit to time".

You should have a tempo window in your toolbar unless you have hidden it.
If thats the case go to view/toolbars and check tempo.
You can also go to insert/tempo change but make sure the start time is where you want it to be.

Tempo effects

Thanks: I was under the impression that tempo changes would change all tracks but once again I am humbled. It does not change the audio track, which I already know how to adjust. I am still missing the point on how I can change the tempo of just one midi track without affecting anything else, but I only had 10 minutes to try different things, after work Ill try looking in the book under tempo and refresh my memory. This program can really make a jerk out of you sometimes, which causes me to be even more aggressive in my quest to conquer it. :)

audio tempo not affected

when I do a tempo change it does not change the audio, this is what was expected, but it does change every midi track. I was trying to get my midi drums to sync with a prerecorded audio tape I made years ago and loaded as an audio track. I guess this means you cant vary the tempo for different sections of the midi drum track to keep it going with the audio throughout the song. It would be nice to be able to select a clip and stretch it like you can do in an audio track. Ill play around with it and see if I can find a way aroud this other than converting the midi to audio.
Thanks

You can make a tempo map -- tempo changes inserted throughout -- but the changes have to apply to the entire project, so all MIDI tracks will have to change at the same points...

Back