saving new "normal" template as project folder

lopie

i want to turn my computer on start sonar (s3) and start recording into a "per project folder" but it doesn't seem to work that way

instead i have to select "new..." which opens up a new project file dialog. i have to give it a name (like i know what it's going to be called) and then i can start creating "if i haven't already lost my ideas"

i've set up the "normal" template the way i want for the way i want to work, but it doesn't seem to save the project in a folder even though i have "per project folder selected".

the default (when opening SONAR) is to put audio into your default global audio folder (under the global -> audio data settings). otherwise the only way to define a project folder to use the "new" project method...

You've already got the "normal" template all setup, so once Sonar opens, hit save as, make a new folder for the song in your projects folder, then name the project, and save it into the new folder, a new per-project audio folder will be automatically created inside the new song folder.

The whole process only takes a few seconds to do, then you'll be ready to record.

For jamming around and coming up with new ideas, I created a folder inside my projects folder called "Ideas", inside that folder I have all of the song folders named "Idea_1", "Idea_2", Idea_3" and so on, when I get an idea developed to the point of being named properly, I just do a "save as" and save the idea to a new folder out in the main project folder area, then once I'm sure that all of the data has been moved correctly, I can delete the "Idea_#" folder to free up the HD space.

:)

Back