Rewind

Torpid-x

Can I make cakewalk rewind automatically a the end of a song, as a global option. I mean without setting loops???????

Rich

Hi Torpid,

As far as I know, you can't do that. Why don't you want to use the Loop feature?

-- Scott

--
Scott R. Garrigus - Author of Cakewalk Power!, the first book to deal exclusively with the Cakewalk Pro Audio, Guitar Studio, and Home Studio software products. For more information, a free newsletter, and the chance to win free products, go to: http://www.garrigus.com/

Hey Scott

I don't want a loop, I just want it to jump to the beginning when I hit stop without using the W button while recording and non-mixing playback. As a guitar player, and because of my personal recording technique, I alway start from the beginning of a song and play all-the-way though. I usually take a small break between takes so I dont loose my place in a song. I call it "Multi Take Amnesia". When I start again there's a 50% chance I didn't rewind, when I Hit R it starts recording from where I left it. Sometimes I'm standing there like an idiot wondering when the songs gonna start or what's wrong....thats just plain annoying.

Rich

P.S. I'll get back to your Forum soon. Hey where's the 2nd newsletter.

Hi Rich,

Oh, okay I see what you mean. Hmm.. I don't think there's any way to do that with just Cakewalk itself. But you could do it with that program I mentioned in my newsletter... Quickeys. It allows you to set up your own key combinations to control any series of commands. So, you could easily setup a key combo that when press would automatically stop playback and then rewind your project in Cakewalk.

The next newsletter should be out soon. I'm workin' on it. :-)

-- Scott www.garrigus.com

Set the loop points at the beginning and end of the song and select "rewind to start time on end" and "stop at the end time" in the loop properties. Just make sure "loop continuously" isn't checked and you should get exactly whatcha want :).

Sorry, but loops was a stupid place for that feature to be, on Cakewalks part, but it's my fault for not trying loops before mentioning it.

Stop slapping me, I may start to like it.
Rich

Back