reverb for vocal..

RousseauBABA

guys...can u gimme some good reverb or ne kind of vocal effect to use with cakewalk...im using a MXL990 condenser mic for vocal...the raw tone is poretty good...but i cant get ne good reverb for my vocal tracks...

This is a really open ended question.
What version of Cakewalk do you have?
What type of reverbs do you presently have?
As with a lot of things recording related,reveb/effects are a matter of taste.On mans filet mignon is anothers chopped liver.Give us a few more details of what it is you're trying to do and how,then maybe we can point you in the general direction.In the end your ears will have to make the final decision.

okay...im using Sonar XL 3.0...i have the regular cakewalk FX reverb...sonitus reverb...n waves bundle....the tone im looking for is more like kinda dry...i cant exactly explain it...but may a lil ammount of reverb to blend with the other tracks...

Call this outrageous, but do you expect us to believe you have shelled out mega-buck$ for Sonar 3.1.1 AND the Waves stuff without knowing how to bus a reverb?

Stick the reverb on a bus and create a POST- send to it. Blend to taste.

Q.

when you say you want a "dry" reverb, i can't help but wonder if you mean a short delay instead. it's a good way to give space and depth to a vocal track without getting too reverb-y. use very little feedback and pan it more to one side than the other. mix low.

----

Call this outrageous, but do you expect us to believe you have shelled out mega-buck$ for Sonar 3.1.1 AND the Waves stuff without knowing how to bus a reverb?Stick the reverb on a bus and create a POST- send to it. Blend to taste.
dude..i guess u dint get my question... :rolleyes:

when you say you want a "dry" reverb, i can't help but wonder if you mean a short delay instead. it's a good way to give space and depth to a vocal track without getting too reverb-y. use very little feedback and pan it more to one side than the other. mix low.

thnx man...ill try this

Back