retro-record options?

Secret Clubhous

Sometimes in the heat of creative passion :rolleyes: I forget to change record mode settings, & end up with something I didn't plan on. Like I had intended to store takes in a single track but neglected to turn off the loop function or the "store takes in different tracks" option. So everything ends up either stacked on top of itself or split up into separate tracks. Sometimes this turns out to result in something even cooler than I would have come up with originally, but sometimes it's a pain to manually extract each take to different tracks &/or paste it all back together seamlessly.

Or I forget to set it to record mono & it defaults to recording stereo, which is unnecessary & then I can't pan in the mix.

So my question is:
Is there a way to undo these record settings after recording, which doesn't require tedious manual editing?

The stereo track is easily fixed by highlighting the track and running the Bounce to Track command. Choose Mix Stereo Content to Mono as the format selection.

As for the other issue, I don't know of any way except undo record and start over.

Thanks, Dachay, that was simple enough. But now the mono track sounds significantly degraded in audio quality, like more harsh. And the original volume & trim settings didn't copy to the mono track, so it came out very much quieter. Can you or anyone explain why?

Back