recording from multiple inputs.

back to gray

just yesterday i acquired the most recent addition to my modest home studio. i built myself a daw with a 3.2 ghz processer, a gig of ram, blah, blah, blah... and in order to upgrade my interface from the stereo laptop soundcard ive used as my only input into cakewalk, i purchased an audiotrak maya 10/10. when thinking of possible problems with my new system, the ease of selecting which input i wanted to record for each track and recording all eight simultaneously didn't seem like it would be a concern. i figured once i had more inputs, they would be on my input list on each track. they are not. my drivers are working and everything, but i have to choose one stereo pair of two of the inputs as my recording input, and that disables me from selecting different inputs for different tracks and recording them simultaneously. now i am incredibly afraid that this may be a problem that is out of my control. please tell me otherwise, wise friends. and if that is the case, any suggestions for solutions. thank you all in advance.

Strryder said:
You're fucked... HS2004 was the first HS to support multiple I/O.

Time to upgrade your software.

:)

sad to hear, seeing as my budget is so low from my latest upgrades... but thank you for the information anyhow. anyone know of any free/cheap programs that support multiple i/o that wouldnt be bad just to use for tracking?

Back