Recording levels

Minilyn

Can someone tell me how I can ensure that the data I've got on Minidisk (audio) will be transfered into Cakewalk or any other audio software at an acceptable level?
I am hosting a Radio Program and so the levels are set in the studio when the data is recorded there on minidisk and they are reasonable, but somehow when I try and get the data onto my computer the levels can be too loud or too soft.
Any answers ?

i never have minidisc but i'll assume you gonna record its analog out into cake
so it depends on the record level of your soundcard
you have to set it right b4 recording
hope this help

I have found that....thanks.....didn't realise I could change the levels after I'd got the data from the minidisk though.
If one guest is speaking softer than the other I know I can increase this by 3db etc, but this makes background noise increase too....any suggestions to get the voices "equal" all the time ?
Also what's the difference between "balance" and "constant" in the audio project options ?
Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by monty:
There are level indicators in the console view.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Minilyn (edited 05-27-2000).]

There are input level indicators and output level indicators. Use the input level indicators to keep the voices close to the same recording level. The balance and constant has to do with panning. Constant keeps the volume the same as you sweep the entire stereo field. You would probably want constant.

Back