Record Problem!!!! Help

ALEXUS09

I have a another serious problem (BIG PROBLEM) .

I have a AMD COMPUTER 500 MHZ whith a sound card on board.

I have A MIXER CONNECTED to the line in on the sound card!!! Perfect.

When I RECORD AUDIO ON WINDOWS(SOUND RECORDING).....NO PROBLEM!!! I CAN RECORD VOICE...MUSIC ...KEYBOARD....EVERITHING!!!

THE PROBLEM, IS WHITH CAKEWALK 9.0 .......THE CONSOLE VIEW IS DEATH!!!! REALY DEATH!!!!

I DON`T KNOW WHAT TO DO TO FIX THAT PROBLEM...I CAN RECORD MIDI BUT NOT AUDIO.

SERIOUS PROBLEM!!!

hi ALEXUS,

I got your email, think I'll just reply you here...

I see you're still stuck with Cakewalk problem.

from what you described, I can conclude that there's nothing wrong with your setup... it's just a matter of correct settings when recording audio with cakewalk. I suggest you follow the step by step in the tutorials or manual on recording audio.

to make sure things are right, you can:
1. right click on the console view
2. choose add audio track
3. press the REC button on the audio track.
4. then set the source to right channel or left channel or stereo channel until you see audio signal in the LED bar.
5. Once you see the audio signal, you're in business!

I hope it's clear for you.

regarding the difference better SB Live! and SB Live! value, I am not quite sure except for the price! :) anyway, SB Live! value doesn't have Digital input, which I now find it's a disadvantage.... but for the price, it is still very good.

Do everything Leeking just told you and also...

Goto the little speaker icon on your toolbar (bottom right hand corner of your video screen).

Right click the icon/Open Volume Controls/Options/Properties/Recording (put a checkmark in front of the LINE box/Ok/(then make sure the LINE box on this is checked also, if not, then checkit)/increase the volume fader.

That info "might" help you (I hope it does help).

spin

Back