Quantizing in Sonar with click track??

xotsx

I imported a .wav file into one track with my click on it and had our drummer play along with that click track. Is there any way I can set it up to quantize the beats with the click??

Not in the same way as the Beat Detective thing in Pro Tools. Supposed Scott Garrigus' subscription version of Sonar power includes a utility which will do this. I don't know how well it works and haven't seen it reviewed.

I would try this -

- Fiddle with your tempo settings until you can see the bar markers lining up with the click track
- Work out how many beats you have in the click track, ie. 4/4 time over 20 bars = 80 beats
- Open the audio drum track in loop mode
- Set up the tempo and beat information in the loop window
- Check out where Sonar has stuck the beat markers and move any that are not lined up with the transient
- Enable Groove Looping and save the file as a ACIDised .WAV file
- Reimport the drum track into a file with the correct tempo and key signature and the drums should line up.

Maybe.

I gave up and editted the "oops!" factor out manually.

:) Q.

thanks

thanks for the reply. sounds pretty complicated. i might get the urge to sit down and try it someday, but right now i think i'll just make our drummer tough it out and play stuff over and over till he gets it right. if anyone else has any tips let me know. thanks

xotsx said:
...but right now i think i'll just make our drummer tough it out and play stuff over and over till he gets it right. if anyone else has any tips let me know. thanks

Hot wax and a sturdy whip....

(More fun if your drummer isn't another bloke....)

:) Q.

Back