problems with sync And audio playback

lapieuvre

Hi,

I use Sonar 3.0 and I used a Yamaha MD8 8 track digital recorder. I dumped 8 tracks of audio from the MD8 to sonar. It worked fine but after redoing the vocals on the MD8 I tried to dump it on sonar. It didn't work at all because the audio doesn't play anymore. I can play back any of my projects even others that i dumped from the MD8, but this one doesn't play. it stops as soon as i press play. I wonder if it is because I played with the midi time code settings, but i compare with all my other projects and it is the same settings...

Any idea?

thierry

no dropout just doesn't play... just now I was working on a project, then I tried to apply an effect, then it just wouldn't appear, so I closed sonar to reopen it and now it does it again! I press play and it just doesn't move, the "line" doesn't go forward.

Thierry

Hi,

I just selected the whole song, then pressed the loop button, now it plays, but no sound comes out. It must be just a button somewhere... it is not a solo or mute button i verified that.

Thierry

What latency are you running at?

You might want to set it a tad higher... ;)

I found the problem, as soon as I patch more than one effect it doesn't play anymore. I got a p4 2.6ghz 800FSB, 512 meg ram(400mhz), so It souldnt be a problem having fx here and there.

but with 2 effects on a 4 tracks project... I brought up the latency at max (350ms), i/o buffer size at 256... doesn't work.

Regards,

Thierry

Is it just a series of plugins or just one plugin that's causing the problem? Or is it any plugins?

you know, this is weird, I found that:

On dropouts ( even if it was NOT dropout)

Advanced Method - Close SONAR. Open SONAR's AUD.INI file in Notepad. Delete everything listed beneath the line PictureDir=C:\Cakewalk Projects\Picture Cache. Save the file and restart SONAR.

After that everything went fine

Thierry

Back