please help with a "lag-type" sync problem when recording

clazymike

Hi everyone--

I've been having this problem and I would categorize it as a sync problem, but it's a little different than any problem I've searched here.

When I record a straight take that's longer than about 3 minutes, near the end, the audio seems to be stretched by about 350 ms or so. For example, if I recorded 5 tracks with a midi click track that clicked every beat, it world work fine during the record, but when I play it back, after about 3 minutes or so, none of the audio files will sound that they were lined up anymore. I have to go in and slide the last minute or 45 seconds of each track back a tiny tiny bit. This occurs even I played perfectly in time.

It works fine if I stop the recording and make a tiny break during a rest during recording and cut up the track into two shorter takes, but again if I just put in one long take I have this problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Clazymike

make sure that the wave position box is checked on the direct show audio box. Also check out the manual for audio optimizations...this may help your system run smoother.

1) full chase lock.

2) check to ensure that your sound card crystal is consistently hitting 48khz. the crystal on my d/a/d converter doesn't seem to be quite as stable as the one in my pc, so i always use the pc as the timing master.

3) make sure only 1 piece of gear is the master. the bible says a slave can not serve 2 masters. this is true for audio as well.

Back