Playing from my CD drive into cakewalk

fendermustang

Hello
Hoping I can get some quick help without reading all that cakewalk has to offer. Is it possible to play a cd on the computer and have it play through cakewalk or do you have to convert it to a cakewalk file? If so what is the process? I promise I will read the manual just wanted to ask this quickie.
Thanks to all.

Not sure exactly what you mean. But, to get audio into cakewalk you have to insert it as a wav file. So find a way to get your CD audio to wav -- either Digital Audio Extraction direct from the CD (to learn to do this visit mp3.com) or else 'record' (sample) the CD output into cakewalk.

Thanks Mr Lip
What I want to do is this. I have a cd I recorded at a studio elsewhere. Can I get it to be recognized by cakewalk so I can play it "in cakewalk" so I can manupulate it if I choose.One question though, I'm told that to convert the song to wav it takes about 10mg per minute of song.Being a three minute song were looking at 30mg. Won't that take an enormous time to load?

Thanks for the help

Nawww 30 megs should fly if you have a P2 350 with a 100Mhz Front side bus at least. it really depends on your processor, buss speed and especially your Hard Drive. if they are "Newer Types" 30 megs of .wav should only take a few min.

Back