playback shutdown

stonemartin

OCD Podcaster
Everything was going along fine, then one day the playback refused to work more than one second at a time. I'm not getting dropouts - it just stops. Now when I say it plays for a second, the line moves, but I don't actually get any sound.

Also, when I create a new file, it won't let me choose an input for each track, so I can't record at all.

As far as I know, nothing about my setup changed, it just spontaneously stopped working correctly, although a friend sent a bundle file that I never go to plat, right around the time this mess started. That said, I know that the file came from a reliable source - no doubt about that.
I tried upgrading to Sonar 5, hoping that would fix it, but I am now still getting the same problems.

Any ideas???

First off check your drivers are still looking OK in Audio Options, then try reprofiling your soundcard.

I even get that delay when recording and have to start again. Its not often really so I live with it, but I would like to find out why too.

As for setting input. What do you mean it won't let you. The dropdown doesnt work or theres nothing there or it won't stick? Not sure I have an answer but the info may help.

Check you audio drivers like said before.. what card are you using? then try switching to WDM.. I have Motu and for some reason it works better in WDM than ASIO.. and to solve the delay when recording, monitor outside of sonar if possible

Drivers look good under Audio. I am using tascam 1082 board and WDM. I use MOTU too. Still playback delays with or without MOTU. Never used ASIO before actually. It is a drag. When I up my buffer after recording theres a little difference!?

When I up my buffer after recording theres a little difference!?

Montior in Cuemix and you should not have the delay.. I ingore the buffer setting that CUEmix suggests.. for my Motu I have the setting set at 512. Now if I think about it I might have it at 256 but that's a maybe. If you need help with your cuemix setting I can help (but I'm sure you already know how to use it)

Not only do I not know how to use it, I don't even know what it is. Yea, can you tell me about that. thanks

Motu interface I'm not sure what model you have.. But it's a built in mixer is called Cuemix.. You should be able to access it thru you programs when you click the start button at the bottom of your PC (standard when you have Windows) then click on all programs and scroll till you find Motu which you should have a folder for (since you loaded the drivers) and click on cuemix it's a built in. If your host application can't patch through an input while recording or if you desire lower latency then patching thru your host apps provides, then you can use our Cuemix Console. When using Cuemix you will not be able to use your host's effects with your inputs.

http://www.motu.com/marketing/motu_products/software/cuemix/cuemix_console_rgb.jpg/view

Check this out.. It may vary depending on the model of Motu you have?

Back