PC keyboard stops working when recording

crosstudio

i'm trying to figure out if this is cakewalk or my wavecenter sound card (audio + midi).

it doesn't happen all the time but it's annoying as hell when it does.

when i'm recording midi it happens more than when i'm recording audio but my computer keyboard locks up. the mouse is fine.

also, if i'm recording audio and i bring up microsoft word (to view lyrics) it will happen then as well.

i'd be hard pressed to believe that my PC keyboard and my sound card are sharing any resources since I set the IR/Q and memory regions myself instead of letting the operating system determine them.

also, if i'm recording audio and i bring up microsoft word (to view lyrics) it will happen then as well.
Just curious,why don't you use the lyrics pane?

Did you assign any key bindings that may cause conflicts?

Is there another program running in the background?

crosstudio said:
i'm trying to figure out if this is cakewalk or my wavecenter sound card (audio + midi).

it doesn't happen all the time but it's annoying as hell when it does.

when i'm recording midi it happens more than when i'm recording audio but my computer keyboard locks up. the mouse is fine.

i'd be hard pressed to believe that my PC keyboard and my sound card are sharing any resources since I set the IR/Q and memory regions myself instead of letting the operating system determine them.

Is it a USB keyboard? What is your soundcard - PCI or USB?

brzilian:

the keyboard is PS/2 and the sound card is PCI.

acid rock:

i use to do the lyrics view and try to line the lyrics up with the music, but it was such a pain in the ass to get it looking right that i gave up. of course, that was before pro audio.

sounds like something a good reinstall of the OS would fix unless u want to sit frustrated and wonder "Y Y Y..."

i often wondered if its the OS but this problem has been through several windows OS --> win95, 98, 2000 and its still around.

the keyboard controller has changed, the sound canvas and drum machine have changed. the PS/2 keyboard has changed. the motherboard, CPU, hard drives, and memory have changed.

the only things that are relatively the same are the sound card and sonar. even still i upgraded from the ISA to the PCI version of the sound card, and I've upgraded Sonar of course.

Back