Overdrive/distorsion effect plug-in. Any?

tombuur

I would like an overdrive effect, probably of the tube amp type, to add to organ samples and perhaps snare drum. Is there any such plug out there? I know there are complete guitar amps like Amplitube and Guitar Rig. But is there a little plug, much like the stomp boxes I use for live guitar, that could be inserted as an effect in Sonar?

One of the ideas is getting some Hammond B3 samples, and since they don't seem to come with overdrive, I will had to add it myself for that 60's rock sound.

What version of Cakewalk do you have?
If you have a vst adaptor you'll be cooking.
Some of the free VST package effects that come with Sonar will do the trick,here's another possibility...

http://www.simulanalog.org/

Anoither option depending on what kind of soundcard you have is to simply route the signal out of your computer through a stompbox and re-record it.

I have Sonar 3 (updated to 3.1.1 ). I can't see any vst effects that will do overdrive. There is Cakewalk Amp Sim, which may be used? On my harddrive I have Revalver, but I can't find it anywhere inside Sonar.

Finally, I got a bit confused by the link you gave me. What vst am I looking for?

... EDIT: okay, guitar suite I guess.

How do I install it?? Unzip the files into the VST folder??? Is that correct???

Any clue will be appreciated.

Thanks
TS

You got it. You just need a folder on your machine designated as your VST folder; then you tell your apps which folder it is and put the dll files in there.

Back