"Out of Memory" error message

Paul881

Look Mom, I can play!
I am trying to load a VST into Sonar and I get an "Out of Memory" error come up. Other VST's are okay, just one particular one. In fact, its the the smallest:eek:

Any ideas how to fix?

Also, can you remind me how I can alter Sonar to make the time delay that it takes to draw the wave more acceptab;le? After recording (or loading a song), it can take minutes to complete the wave-form picture.

Paul881 said:
Also, can you remind me how I can alter Sonar to make the time delay that it takes to draw the wave more acceptab;le? After recording (or loading a song), it can take minutes to complete the wave-form picture.
Open the aud.ini file in a word processor (e.g., notepad) and increase the cache setting.

The default is 20 mb, i.e., PicCacheMB=20, increase it to as much as you desire (and have available extra hard disc space).

The aud.ini file should be located in your Cakewalk/Sonar2 directory.

The out of memory message may have something to do with your virtual memory settings. If no one else comes along with good suggestions, I'll give you some things to maybe try.

BTW, why aren't you at work? :)

Re: Re: "Out of Memory" error message

dachay2tnr said:
The default is 20 mb, i.e., PicCacheMB=20, increase it to as much as you desire (and have available extra hard disc space).
And when we're talking about increasing, don't set it to 21. Set it to 500 if you can (we're talking MBs here). ;)

I have a solution for the 'Out of memory' error (I used this explanation before, so just replace Revalver for whatever plugin you're using):

1) Using Windows Explorer, locate your Windows\System folder.

2) Locate the file REGSVR32.EXE, and leave that window open.

3) Choose Start | Find | Files or Folders.

4) Next to Names enter *.ax or *.dll (I'm assuming Revalver uses dlls)

5) Change Look in to My Computer and hit the Find Now button.

6) Once it finds them, drag the files (or more specifically, the Revalver *.dlls) on top of the regsrv32.exe file and drop them. This should properly register the DX effects so that you can use them.

Btw, I got promoted. I lost all my time to post around here...(it's cool though)

Thanks fellas, the Out of Memory problem has disapeared. I deleted the VST and re-installed the latest version plus I now have version 4.3 of fxpansion working correctly:D

The aud.ini file is the file I was thinking about but couldn't remember (too much red wine, too little brain cells), I'll up the default setting to 500.

Congratulations on your promotion Pedulist. I got promoted too, thats why I have more BBS time:D I guess yours was a proper promotion whareas I am now head tea boy:rolleyes:

Mike, I was up from 01.00 hours til 03.30 this morning working and was working again at 07.30 non-stop til now. And I broke for a sandwich at lunch-time which I had at my desk. As of last week, I now officially work from home, as per my contract of employment:D

Paul881 said:
The aud.ini file is the file I was thinking about but couldn't remember (too much red wine, too little brain cells), I'll up the default setting to 500.
500 might be a smidge more than you need. I would try 50 or 100 first. If you continue to have problems, then up it further until you are happy with the performance.

Even with a large hard drive, I'd be hesitant to give up 1/2 GB to the cache - unless I really needed to.

Hmmmm... work from home. Now there's an idea I could latch on to. :D

dachay2tnr said:
Even with a large hard drive, I'd be hesitant to give up 1/2 GB to the cache - unless I really needed to.
Yeah yeah, okay okay... Say 250... :D

Back