Noob

Selvae

Hi I'm brand new and have a behringer umc404 Cakewalk is showing it recognises it as a midi input, but it isn't registering when I sing and press record.
Please help!!!
Thank you

Hi I'm brand new and have a behringer umc404 Cakewalk is showing it recognises it as a midi input, but it isn't registering when I sing and press record.
Please help!!!
Thank you

Welcome to Home Recording Forum! As far as your predicament, there's a lot of videos on You Tube that deal with all kinds of questions.
But I'd start with making sure the input you have your microphone plugged in to coincides with the input on the channel in your DAW.

Cakewalk_input_explanation.jpgCapture2.png

Please help!!!
Thank you

Have not fired up Sonar/Cakewalk in many a year (cos I hated it!) but why are you talking of "MIDI" when you want to record an audio signal?
AFAIK Sonar deals with the audio side and Cakebllx the MIDI/synth stuff? That could of course be different now.

If the YTs don't help, go K.I.S.Sir/Sis and install Audacity. Not a good DAW for general music making and of buggerall use for MIDI but it is pretty easy to setup for a quick yodel. Audacity also teaches you about "the bits" of a DAW. They are all slightly different but all work the same once you get the idea.

Dave.

Back