no Input?

radiorabies

This is really strange. I only stopped using Sonar 4 for like a month and now for some reason it won't let me record anything. When I click on the input for a track, instead of a list of what's available it just says "None". I've no idea why this is. I tried reinstalling it and it didn't help. Has this ever happened to anybody else?

It doesn't sound like a Sonar problem, either something happened to your interface's drivers or physical connection. Do you have a break-out box, or a sound card, or both? Will other programs recognize the inputs?

I'm using just a soundcard. I also use Audacity and that works no problems... I cannot work out what's going on...

Weird. Have a really good look at all the options for enabling and disabling devices in Sonar's options. You could try a System Restore (seeing as they're completely reversible) if you want to see if something has changed in Windows.

i had a similar problem with Pro Tracks. some spyware had damaged the driver for my interface and Pro Tracks ignored it. Try scanning with Spybot S&D. you may have to reinstall the driver, afterwards.

noisedude said:
Weird. Have a really good look at all the options for enabling and disabling devices in Sonar's options. You could try a System Restore (seeing as they're completely reversible) if you want to see if something has changed in Windows.
Aha! For some reason my inputs were disabled... I don't remember doing that... Kind of strange... Anyway, ta very much... :D

radiorabies said:
Aha! For some reason my inputs were disabled... I don't remember doing that... Kind of strange... Anyway, ta very much... :D
No worries mate. When I started using Sonar I hadn't got used to how the solo function works. I couldn't understand why one of my songs had stopped working! I could hear things if I solo'd them but otherwise had no output. Anyway, after two hours of fiddling with drivers in Windows I spotted an empty track that I'd collapsed so I couldn't see it that was solo'd. Apparently clicking solo on another track adds it into the solo buss rather than replacing whatever's there ... noooooo!!! :eek:

Back