Newbie questions (short)

Sunking

Is there a "Cakewalk for Dummies" book out? I'm just starting to use cakewalk and im overwhelmed. Or are there any tutorials online/sites that could help out a newbie? I dont wanna pester you guys with basic questions other than these. Thanks.

Are you using Pro 9? There aren't any books that I'm aware of besides the manual, but if you access HELP and then scroll through the HELP topics beginning with the Tutorials, that should be all of the reading you'll need. What exactly are you having problems with?

I AM also a new cakewalk pro 9 user.
im recording audio from my guitar to amp to mic to yamaha mixer then to sound blaster live card. My playback isnt that great it is not loud enough for my liking. does anyone know what the main contributing factor is to make louder recordings. also im having trouble with timing. I will play a a bar and it might be slightly off so i t makes it impossible to cut&paste or add layers. Isnt there a way to make audio fit?
also, for certain rythms i cant seem to find the right timing adn beats per measure & stuff it just doesnt work out nomatter if i play it in timing i cant get it to end where it is supposed to so i can properly cut and paste . please PLEASE HELP ME . A TUTORIAL WOULD ALSO BE NICE.

Sunking: I'm not quite sure if this is your problem, but don't even look at all the stuff you don't need yet. Follow the tutorial in the manual, and record tracks (i.e. set the source to your soundcard, hit the little [R] button to arm the track, push the record button, and sing or play away). Once you find you need something, go to the manual or the online help, and figure out how to do that, just make sure you don't get off track (i.e., reading about how to eq a track when you started by looking for how to arm a track).

And don't worry about pestering us... if we don't want to respond to your 357th post, we'll just ignore you... seriously, it's what some of us are here for.

William Underwood

a fellow named Scott Garrigus has recently penned a cakewalk book that sounds useful. He can be found lurking about on deja.com usenet discussion Service look for posts about about books..under cakewalk beginners or try Google

Hi Sunking,

It's funny you should ask... :-) My new book was just released. It's called Cakewalk Power! You can find more information about it on my site (see below).

Nowheredog1: thanks for the mention! :-)

Best,
Scott

--
Scott R. Garrigus - Author of Cakewalk Power!, the first book to deal exclusively with the Cakewalk Pro Audio, Guitar Studio, and Home Studio software products. For more information, a free newsletter, and the chance to win free products, go to: http://www.garrigus.com/

garrigus,
Why don't you comment on his Axe Shredder's problem instead of just pushing your book? I bet that you can be a great help to him and a lot of others here(including myself).
dave

Hi Dave,

I thought that I _was_ commenting on Sunking's question. He asked if there were any books available for Cakewalk, or any sites. I mentioned both Cakewalk Power and my web site/newsletter. I'm always happy to help if I can. And everyone is welcome.

Thanks,
Scott

Back