Music creator 6, having trouble setting it up.

~DieselFanatic~

Hello, I just bought Music Creator 6 to replace the glitchy Cubase LE4 junk I was using on my pc. The USB interfaces I will be using with it are a Digitech RP-255 pedal and a Behringer U-Phono UFO202. I have installed the program and having trouble getting it setup to use.

The problem Im having at this point is that with is with the either USB interface connected to the computer, there is no audio signal showing on the music creator when I strum the guitar ect. The rp255 worked fine with the cubase but I hav'nt figured out this current setup. I am not very computer or electronic literate so please bear with me.:o

Any comments helping me get this setup and ready to use would be awesome, thanks:guitar:

Also, the opperating system pc is windows vista.

Last edited:
So, simply put there is a signal to to either USB interface I use(I can hear it through the head phones plugged into the interface). But nothing is showing on the computer screen and nothing is recording.. Anything???

I don't think you'll find anyone using that software here. I've never seen it pop up in the forums. Maybe you can find a forum dedicated to Music Creator.

Good luck.

LE4 was severely limited, and yes, a bit buggy to say the least. I am curious though what happened to make you move to another DAW. Especially one that is unpopular. If you were using a DAW that is more popular, you would get a bunch more support.

One typically usual problem that many have around here, is regarding setting up the appropriate ASIO driver for you interface, within your DAW. Another is users not downloading the appropriate drivers for you interface/OS from the manufacturers website.

Sorry, but I have no direct experience with your program, so I am just bringing up basic possibilities.

Good luck figuring out the issues. :D

I'd suggest checking out the Cakewalk forums..... I've never used that daw. but like jimmy said, drivers, and make sure you have the proper audio source selected on the daw. it's simple, but i've made that mistake before, and still do from time to time.

LE4 was severely limited, and yes, a bit buggy to say the least. I am curious though what happened to make you move to another DAW. Especially one that is unpopular. If you were using a DAW that is more popular, you would get a bunch more support.

One typically usual problem that many have around here, is regarding setting up the appropriate ASIO driver for you interface, within your DAW. Another is users not downloading the appropriate drivers for you interface/OS from the manufacturers website.

Sorry, but I have no direct experience with your program, so I am just bringing up basic possibilities.

Good luck figuring out the issues. :D[/QUOTE ]

The parts of LE4 that worked, seemed to work good and I got some good sounding tracks down using it. But after I downloaded it, My PC started messing up. Ended up having to completly redo the PC and downloaded LE4 again and the computer starts acting up again. Maybe the eLicenser stuff with the LE4 did it??? And also, contacting cubase is a PITA. Thats the only reason I switched. I Just wanted something fairly cheap to try, music creator 6 is what I found that I could afford;)

I used ASIO directX or something with LE4 using the RP255, I could'nt find ASIO directX anywhere on the PC now. I'll look into it further :)

Could have just been using the improper ASIO driver. You should have been using this download from here, and selected it from LE4 Device Setup. Not DirectX, or similar stock driver. The manufactures specific drivers are best 99% of the time, though I have no experience, or even heard of your RP255.

Yeah, Steinberg doesn't have the greatest direct support, but between people here, and the steinberg.net forum, issues can typically be resolved very quickly.

But anyway, you may want to try Reaper demo. It is free to try, and $60 for the license, should you decide you like it.

:D

The RP255 is a multi-effect guitar pedal with USB hook up so it can record on the computer using cubase or cakewalk ect..;). I'll see if I can figure out the drivers and such. I'll look into this "Reaper" stuff you speak of:cool:. Thanks

Back