Thread: Multitrack Sequencer recording in Cakewalk

Thanks

Question

Sign in to disable this ad
    I have a Yamaha 8 track Midi sequencer and try as I might I cannot properly configure cakewalk to accept say...4 tracks of MIDI data to record simultainously. I assign the tracks but it all gets confused somehow. Say Trumpet on track 5 (midi ch 5), Fill ins on track 6 Synth bass (Midi ch 6), Track 7 is slap bass 2 (Midi Ch 7) and GM Drums on track 8 (Defaulted to Midi Ch 10) now if i configure cakewalks tracks and ports the same way it all seems to get filtered through one single track (and Patch!!!) So my song is 18 min long...do i have to record each track seperately in cakewalk? Or is there a way to configure it to accept all tracks (up to 8) and midi data at once. PS: Voyetras digital orchestrator plus does it correctly...why dosen't cakewalk? Anybody?
    THANK YOU

Ed Gorski

Thanks

Question

In cakewalk, have you set each track to record (in addition to playback) on the correct track? It sounds as if your using MIDI Omni to record, you have to set that to the proper channel as well.

Hope this helps!

William Underwood

Thanks

Wink

Maybe I'm missing something but, does the Yamaha unit not read midi files? You just import the file through file open.
    Unless you mean an 8track Yamaha tape recorder.

Thread Information