Moving notes events in HS 2002

SergeD

Hi,

My first track is set to channel 1 and my second track is set to channel 2.

I dragged some notes from track 1 to track 2 and all my moved notes are still linked to channel 1 !?!

Is this possible to avoid this surprising behavior which transcend the common sense ?

SergeD

In Sonar you do this...

1. Highlight the tracks that you want to merge.
2. Edit -> Copy
3. Edit -> Paste
4. Set you starting track to <new>, Check 'Paste to One Track' and click OK... voila

I don't know if there is something similar in Homes Studio. That will merge the 2 tracks to one track. You will still need to change the channel.

The only other thing you could try is to select both clips then select bounce to clip.

Porter

Yeah, Porter. But it should be possible to just drag the clips over to another track. That's what I do.

SergeD doensen't want a new track... ;)

SergeD, if draging doesen't "work" for you, Copy and paste as Porter said, but in the paste menu, click the ">>"-button and unselect "paste as linked clips". That should do it (I think).

moskus is right Porter,

I just want to drag notes.

In fact the moved notes in an other track, which has a different channel and a different patch number, works fine. The notes will actually play with the patch number of the targeted track.

But in the piano roll, in the property window of the moved notes (right click), we will see the old designation channel of these notes.

Well the most important is the that the designed patch number of the channels works fine.

By the way moskus Is Cakewalk give to you and James their products freely, because you guys are the pillars of this forum...

Thanks

SergeD said:
By the way moskus Is Cakewalk give to you and James their products freely, because you guys are the pillars of this forum...
No, no free software for us. They should give it to us, don't you think? :D

I really don't see what's the problem if draging notes works? ;)

Sonar work as a MIDI 1 sequenser, meaning that a track has a pre-defined channel number, patchsettings, etc, and will play all notes that's in that track,

Relax SergeD...
It's not a problem at all :). SONAR / Cakewalk needs to "Echo" your current selected MIDI track, and since Channel 1 is Global Channel, every notes will be lined up as Channel 1. You'll always see they're shown as Channel 1 in Event List or note properties view.

What do you mean "Echo", Jaymz ?

When you hit a note on MIDI controller (eg. keyboard), The MIDI signal will be sent to SONAR, and back to your keyboard (synth), so you hear it being sounded. The process called "Echo". SONAR will temporarily "assign" your current selected MIDI track to channel 1 (global). However, only notes will be shown as channel 1 in Event list & note properties. Controller, aftertouch, Pith whell, etc will remain shown like track's channel. Once again, it's not a problem at all :) , it's just how the way it works.

I insist to figure it out why, Jaymz...
Well, you better don't... I believe we should more concern about our music than how SONAR behaves :D As long as it works fine, rock on...

They should... But they didn't :( Can you mail 'em to do so ? :D :D :D

Who should be in the Sonar Masterclass Team?
I would have spaces open for...
- Me
- James
- Dachay
- Paul (the 811-guy)
- Teacher
- Brzillian
Any other takers? Who have I forgotten about? :D :D :D

And for the Home-Looser F*ckUp Team, the candidates are:
- Pedullist
- BluesMeister
Anyone?

Ok, I'll go and do something usefull! Bear with me, I'm just bored... ;)

Oooh... Ooooh... Sign me up for the Home-Loser F*ckup Team.

I like the sound of that. So elite and prestigious sounding... ;)

Rest assured that I am highly qualified - I can f*ck up just about anything in my HS2002. :o

:D
-Jeff

Uh-oh - no longer a newbie... Now I'm just gonna sound stupid instead of "new"... :( ;)

"Junior member"? Hmmm... sounds like I need a pump or something. :D

-Jeff

Porter said:
I'm working/trying hard to get on the list moskus. :D
Do it! But it demands a lot of time... ;)

And guttadaj, there will always be room for more Home-Loosers... :D

Back