Midi modulation controller not playing back thru Yamaha S90

eichler

Hello -

I recorded a midi track of an organ using my Yamaha S90 but when I play it back, the Modulation controller information (in this case it was the "Leslie vibrato" control) is not playing back through the S90 (though I can see it was in fact recorded.)

Does anyone out there know why the S90 is not playing back the Modulation data? I have a feeling it is a simple configuration option somewhere in the S90 (or is it in fact Sonar?)

Thank you in advance.

I don't think it's Sonar. Maybe the S90 doesen't respond to Modulation Data comming from the Midi In? :confused:

A leslie speaker simulation is not a standard general midi effect.
Although the controller information was recorded there is probably a non-registered-parameter number (NRPN) that will
need to be entered.
If you had been using an instrument definition this may have taken care of itself.

If you open the controller pane in the piano roll view,on the lower left there will be windows for assigning controller messages.If you have midi implementation documentaion with your keyboard this could help.

This is just a guess BTW.

acidrock said:
A leslie speaker simulation is not a standard general midi effect.
It's not, but at least with the Hammon B4 it's controlled by the Modulation-data.

But Acidrock has a good point. Is it just this organ sound that has this problem, or is it any sound?

Back