Metronome hijinks

Supersonic

I use Cakewalk 8, but I downloaded the trial version of Cake 9 to see if the same problem persists and it does. Here is the problem. I am running windows 98 and I can't seem to increase the volume of the metronome using either the PC Speaker or Midi Metronome feature in Cakewalk(8 or 9). I tried turning down my recording volume to match the metronome volume level but it has to go so low to match the metronome volume that recording with the aid of the metronome is becoming impossible. Is there an easy solution here that I am just missing because I have flu and my brain is mush??????

i'm having the same problem...weird...the metronome is never loud enough..i've had to just mute the computer metronome and use a loud old, hand operated one...if you get help tell me! bryannajohn@wa.freei.net

Have they destroyed the old menu in version 6
that went: Settings/Metronome....
where you can set the velocity and duration of the accent beat and the standard beat? There is no volume control, but you set what MIDI channel and Port the metronome beats will be mapped to and you adjust the volume of that channel by assigning a track to that channel and adjusting the volume of the track. The patch is also dependent on the patch setting for that track. Make sure you select MIDi note in preference to PC speaker.
That speaker will not get very loud.

Back