lost songs

davexxxxx

i recently lost some songs i had saved to Cd
with cakewalk.bun files.
i did not close the cd after burning.
i then wiped my hard drive.
now my cd burner will not recognize the data.
any sugestions?? Is there any third party software helpfull in closing out the cd so
it can be read????
pleeeese help if you can
dave

My only suggestion- and my condolences on the fact that this is a posthumous solution:
Monitor the burned copy before you wipe the material on the HD. That's why I dump to CD only .wav and .wrk files from CW projects. The playback can be automated to check the entire disk by using CW playlist for the .wrk files and any .wav player for the .wav files.

[This message has been edited by drstawl (edited 07-26-1999).]

I have Adaptec Easy CD Creator and one of the options there lets you close the CD. If you don't want to buy that you can send me the CD and I'll do it for you, but no guarantees on the results, of course...

i have adaptec full version
but the burner won't recognize the cd
since i wiped my hard disk
i can't close it out if it doesn't see it
it just keeps trying to read it but can't
any suggestions???

Whether you close the session or not, you should still be able to read it. Sounds like a bad burn to me. However, you could try dragging any file to the unreadable CD-R, in Adaptec EZ-CD. If it will let you drag the file there, your other files should magically appear. If so, burn again with the new file. It may correct itself, but I have my doubts.

Take Dr. Stawl's advice, always check the copy before doing something irreversable like a format. It's easy to wipe data. I'll admit I recently killed a month's worth of work using some 3rd party partitioning software. :)

Best of luck,

Emeric

hey guys got my data back.
it was some wierd problem with my cd burner.
it totally messed up my system.
got it straightend out,and was able to see and restore my music data cds!!! whew!!!d

Then you got a very inexpensive education in archive procedure. Most folks have to pay for this with months of lost work. You can confer your own degree... :)

Back