Lost Freakin Data

M Havlen

Working with a band on a tune for a few days, layin down tracks in PA9(Yea, I know) Things are coming along nicely, then when I go to mix down a few tracks half way through the mix down it goes "Mix Aborted". Never seen this one before so i try it a few more times, with the same results. So, I figure, mabey it's a disc space thing and run the clean disc thingy to hopefully free up a little space on my hard drive.( this may have been my mistake) I usually don't run that in the middle of a project but i did this time...but all the tracks ( only 4 of them ) were "saved" anyway it still won't mix down the tracks, i still get this mix aborted shit...so i try a re-boot and when i sign off of cakewalk i notice it doesn't ask me if i want to save changes to the project like it normally does....so presto.. the fuckin thing boots back up and the whole goddam project is GONE! When i try to pull it up it say's " can't acsess file!!! " FUCK! I hate computers sometime. Fucked up my whole day. So now i gotta tell the band, all the shit's lost, it sucks. Thanks for listening, just needed to get that off my chest...good thing i was doing it for free....

I hear ya, buddy... and I'm sorry to for that.... :(

but...

PWA HWAAAHWAAAHAHAAAAA...!!!!! :D :D :D

Anyway, have you tried Cakewalk Audio Finder? :) You *probably* still can re-tailor 'em if you get lucky finding those wav's :)

PWA ??? You mean PA9? ( yea i know, I have Sonar but my current computer won't support it....crap, gotta get a new square headed girlfriend! I havn't tried the audio find feature, but i will. Thanks for the tipp. I think I'm better now...

Ok, I ran over to my other computer with great hopes that "audio Finder" would save me , but uhhhhh...I don't see it. Could you elaborate James.Thanks

Back