Livesynth Pro DXi alter my tune down...

James Argo

Fancy Rock N' Roll
You know, guys... I'm always happy using soundfonts with my SB Live! But since I have Livesynth Pro DXI, I used it to Bounce to track my soundfonts track to wave track to make it faster, rather than record 'em one by one. After all is done I check the result... Gee, am I on the right ear here, but this baby sounds altering pitch of the track durring bouncing process... I'm not sure... I started the whole process again... same result... try another song/project... ditto...

check the attached tune...

And sometime, it triggers some notes -not even there- in the middle of playback. It's annoying me... does this happen to you guys... or what ?

:(
Jaymz

ps. You guys know my setup info already, right ? :D

Attachments

• tunedown.mp3
    95.1 KB · Views: 12
Doesen't happen to me. Except the tuning thing... happens with some sfonts but I can't find a pattern...

moskus said:
Doesen't happen to me. Except the tuning thing... happens with some sfonts but I can't find a pattern...
So it wasn't my ears that go wrong here :o . I just got new HD, and reinstall WinXP on it. So I had to reinstall SONAR and the good story is it gives me a chance to use Livesynth Pro SE 30 days trial again :) I read it's manual pdf, and it's written there that it doesn't work nice on some soundfonts. Too bad, looks like the one I use is one of those in the list :( It's a good sounding Grand Piano sf2. Well... at least I can do the old fashioned way. Yeah, I'm saved by Creative's card :p

moskus, does it happen also to full version of Livesynth Pro ?

James Argo said:
moskus, does it happen also to full version of Livesynth Pro ?
Well, yeah. With some sfonts it happens, most work beautifully...

I blame it on bad sfont programming. ;)

Aaron Cheney said:
I use it with the Sonic IMplants Blue Jay Drums daily and have never had that problem.

Even if it does alter the drum, my humble ears won't hear any difference :o Guess it's noticeable with long sustained sound instrument like pad, strings, flute, etc. And yes, life is good, Aaron.

moskus, let say even though it's bad programed one, it sounds good on "regular SB Live!" way. I really hope someday Livesynth Pro will handle "bad programed sf" file. I think I like this baby somehow.

;)
Jaymz

James Argo said:
moskus, let say even though it's bad programed one, it sounds good on "regular SB Live!" way. I really hope someday Livesynth Pro will handle "bad programed sf" file. I think I like this baby somehow.
Maybe you should try the sf in the betaversion of VSampler? Download and try away!

Yo Moskus!

In the words of the great Meat Loaf, You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth... :)

Err, better forget the It Must Have Been While You Were Kissing Me bit though...

--
BluesMeister
who only kisses women!

BluesMeister said:
In the words of the great Meat Loaf, You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth... :)
Yeah, I thought you should give this advice, but you didn't. So I took your job... I'll leave a refference to you the next time I do it... ;)

Err, better forget the It Must Have Been While You Were Kissing Me bit though...
Please! Let's! :D

Gee... How could I forget this baby....:o

So, VSampler is the answer :)
I'll have to refresh my mind using it again :D Thanks for pointing it out, guys. I know it's gonna work. I just have forgoten this one. Download is on the way. Yippeee... :D
In the words of the great Meat Loaf, ...everything's louder than everything else.

Hey, that was the lordy lord Jim Steinman behind him, right ?

;)
Jaymz

You know what... Download completed and it's getting fun down here...

...why would we have to whisper at the end of the reply ? :D

Back