kevin6string - you can run 32bit VST's in 64Bit Sonar using Bitbridge

aries

kevin6string

windows 7 pro and 8.5 producer
I been using Sonar 8.5 producer on windows xp 32 bit. Will anything change in my software when changing to windows 7 pro? I have heard that some VST pluggins will be gone or changed and i am concerned about many of my saved mixes ( almost 50completed projcts). And several on going ones may have to be totally remixed all over again when switching to Win7 64 bit. It is inevitable having to make the switch since by 2014 there will be no more support and updates for XP. i have a new hardrive and an unopened Windows 7 proffesional ready to be installed. Like i said my main concern is what will i lose if anything. And has anyone else made this change,and what have they possibly encountered? I am not going to upgrade to X1 or X2 and staying with the 8.5 interface...am comfortable with it and know it inside and out. I do know upgrading to X1 or X2 WILL change things in my song projects, plus i still likethe 8.5 workflow. Any knowledgable input is appreciated.

You can run 32 bit Vst's in Sonar 64bit using Bitbridge it's done automatically. The 32 bit VST's go in the 32 bit Sonars 32 Program folder and the 64bit VST's go in the Sonars 64bit program folder.

Dont know about 8.5, but in x1, I'm running 64 bit & use 32 bit vst's w/no prob. By the way when I went from 8.5 to x1, I had no issues w/saved projects. N if yours r done, getem' mastered.

Back