import/export files

paresh

I'm using an old sequencer - GT Pro 2...it's just the fastest work flow for me. I want to export the vocal for processing in another application but it comes back much quieter.

Do I have to level all my settings to get it to come back at the original level it was sent? How do others handle this without causing a lot of extra work changing & re setting faders? Thanks!!

If you go to the tools menu in GT, you should see your other installed editing programs. Click on the file you want to process, got to tools and select the editing application. That editor should pop up with your wave file already loaded.

A wav is a wav as far as volume goes. Unless you are somehow changing it's volume in the editor, it should come back with same volume peaks. Do you notice if volume peaks have changed drastically in the graphic display?

Thanks Mike for the reply. No editors in the tools menue - this is a VERY basic program. that's why I like it...I try others & just get too distracted in the features & keep coming bk to GT, limited as it is. I'm sending it to Melodyne for pitch correction & thought that was at faiult but even if I just export/reimport w o going to any other application the volume is sometimes drastically lower.

Maybe I'm misinformed: I thought if I mix down to wav file (export) & faders are below 0db then reimport it is making the file more quiet. But are you saying the reimport should be the same amplitude as the original? That's what I want.

So any idea what is happening - some other reason for the file to come bk so much quieter?

Yeah, the mixdown is where you're losing the volume. Instead of mixdown, can you pull the wave from the folder where the project waves are stored? Be sure to just mangle a copy of the file in Melodyne. I would think if your mixing down at 0db you should'nt have this problem, but obviously it makes a difference.

Back