I need cakewalk for free

Cakewalk for free...? :D gimme a break. You may go to their site to download the Demo version for free. Limited time trial. They don't call it Cakewalk anymore, but SONAR instead.

www.cakewalk.com

;)

Do you mean to download just for learning the products ? or you want to use it everafter ? If you look for free, go Protools for free (Mac and Win98 user). What's your problem so you need it for free anyway ? And what's your goal ? What will you work for most ? MIDI ? Audio ? Multitrack workstation software ?
;)

As James said, most companies in this business provide free evaluation versions of their products. Just go to the company web sites. Usually they are either time-limited, or they do not have any save capabilities. However, they are fine for the purpose stated - evaluation.

If you are actually looking for free versions of the working product, you should probably look elsewhere. This site is not very friendly to pirates.

a british magazine called, Computer Music once offered a fully working/free copy of cakewalk plasama(?) which allows 4 tracks total. you might wanna look into getting a copy of that as a starter. good luck

AL

christer6788 said:
Is there anywhere to download at least samples of cakewalk and/or similar software.
It can be seen as you're asking for a cracked copy of Sonar, and that is not well looked on here... Just a friendly warning.;)

FREE?!

Demo you can get for free... however... pay for your software PLEASE!!! If you don't, it wont become profitable for the companies that develop the software to continue to do so... and what will happen??!! No more nice software for us to spend our time with recording, mixing, listening to etc etc etc... and we don't want that now do we?! So run to your local dealer and get the latest version of Sonar... you'll be VERY HAPPY!!!
Carlos

The only thing free thats functional I found is Power tracks. If you buy a midi joystick connector from Radio Shack for $34.99 they have POWER TRACKS bundled free.
After searching around a little I found that I could have bought a connnector for $15 elsewhere, so the software ends up actually costing about $20. But it works.....
But that sorta defends the idea that "nothing is really ever free".

Free?
What a concept.
I bet those good folks in Mass sure haven't thought of that.
I should check their humor section. Possibly they posted something there about it.

LOL

Let him come back and explain himself before 30 of ya's jump on him for asking how to get cracked software....

He said Samples..... To me, thats the same thing as a demo.

Perfectly legit thing to ask where to find...

Joe

I dunno, but I'll ask Google simple and plain "Cakewalk Free Download". There's a bunch of legal sites offering downloadable demo... Why should he asked here for that simple task ? or maybe he didn't know Google ? :confused:

Back